Weathertop Hollow, NZ Panaramas (Part II)

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Panaramas from the above area :)

weathertop_moos.jpg

weathertop_sheep.jpg

nice shots.. love the saturation in the first :thumbsup:
those sun rays teamed with the lone sheep(?) makes it visually thrilling.. love it :D

The second looks biblical......

LaFoto said:
The second looks biblical......

i've heard many comments about my shots, but biblical? :scratch: :D

a quick note about the second image - it is actually a composition of two shots from a bracketed series I took yesterday morning. The lighting was moving very quickly when I took the shot so i had to hurry.

I had one shot which was underexposed 2 stops which captured the sky the way I wanted it, but the foreground was too dark. The image I chose for the foreground had the best sheep pose though but the sky was blown out . I combined the sky image with the sheepish foreground to create this image.

Essentially, they are all the same shot as they taken at the same place and time, its just a combination of a sky exposure that I liked and foreground that I liked.

It took a bloody long time, i have great respect for anyone who can do such shots in an actual darkroom!

That second shot is unbelievable, beautiful location and work.

whoa. i love your shots, and i love this new monitor. not color accurate i'm sure (the monitor), but it sure as heck gives off vibrant colors...

dude, do you have some sort of indicator that tells you when conditions are perfect for a photo?

wonderful images.....biblical is a fitting description for the second.

Stunning...yeh the second one is an awesome capture *adds new zealand to travel list* :thumbup: :drool:

The sky in the first is beautifully saturated; all around great contrast.

great shots, part 1 series was great too! Such a unique place - looks amazing. Great work on the second photo here, the composite turned out wonderful. Thanks for taking the time, i think it was worth it! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back