Website building software

Thats B.S.

hmmm

would u mind sharing the source code of one of your pages u made with bluevoda i will see if i cant get it to work somewhere else

I can check when I get home, if I still have it saved. It might not be that hard...I'm just not HTML literate.

I'm sure that is part of their whole marketing plan...they give this software for free but you have to use their hosting.

yea i've been there. I've been a bit of a webpage hobbist for about 10 years. I did it once for money, and have decided to not go back down that road..... good lord. Dont do websites for money.

Dont do websites for money.
:lol: Some people say the same about photographing weddings or children's portraits.

yea i've been there. I've been a bit of a webpage hobbist for about 10 years. I did it once for money, and have decided to not go back down that road..... good lord. Dont do websites for money.

Sounds like there are some stories there somewhere... ;)

Not to high jack the thread but i will share my story.

I have done 1 website for money and only 1. it was a side gig for my moms work when I was in college. It was for an insurance company in a small town whos clients were mostly older people and business's in the area. But its no small operation its very sucessful. They knew I did websites all the time for me and friends. They asked me to do something basic not flashy and easy to navigate something very static without all the moving graphics and such. I tailor made it to owners specs. She litterly say next to me as I did the color scheme. Then two days later she didnt like the colors, so again we go through and change them all we did this little dance about 8 times before it was "perfect" thank god she liked the layout which I changed a bit to get the site to work right and have the right feel. Just before launch she wanted a bunch of stuff added and changed or removed. Which set me back about a week and a half. Finaly after all is said and done it was exactly as she had wanted i got my money and life was great,...right? nope. My mom tells me to come in b.c there were questions. I come in there were no questions more like hey can u change this and this and update this? Which took a couple of days. I gave them what i consider a bit of a high price by the hour to do it and she was more than happy to pay it. damn should of asked for more..... Either way I update and change it for a few months. Then they find some over price pro. Who charges them an arm and a leg for a website that she built. Which was created in flash and the exact opposite of what they wanted when I built it. I thought I was odd that they changed thier minds so quickly about the style considering that most of thier clients are on dial up who will have a hard time loading this site that is now harder to navigate and has a much higher load time. Mine loaded on dial up like most pages do on high speed.

It was fun being paid for doing a hobby of mine. But my client made it not so fun.

Now I keep it just a hobby.

Oh yea i forgot to mention the new site is ugly as heck now the content does not span the whole page and has lots of unused white space.

As for Frontpage, MS no longer offers it. It is/has been replaced with something else. Besides, Frontpage sucks.

Dreamweaver is now the industry standard, and here's how to get it cheap. Go to your local community college and sign up for a class, any class. When you get your student ID card go to http://www.Gradware.com (or to the schools bookstore) and buy the software. You will be buying the Academic version, which is just a hair off of the regular version, and you save a ton of money. The list price of Dreamweaver is $399, but from Gradware it's $188.75.

Several years ago I purchase the $1,000 Adobe Web Suite for just over $300.

After you buy the software you don't need to attend any classes, just enjoy the money you saved.

Have Fun,
Jeff

I've got Dreamweaver CS3. I like it a lot, along with the rest of Adobe Web Premium.

This is a great resource. I want to have the Juniors and Seniors at my school working on creating their "digital footprint," for their college application process. This would be a perfect tool for them to do that. Thanks for sharing it.
------------------
Muthu

Link Building

Most reactions

New Topics

Back