Websites done cheap!

atp,

Storage is one of the biggest problems when trying to do things like this. From memory 3 of our subscription levels offer not only hosting for your images etc, but also an "archival" service. This gives you some peace of mind. You can have your images in 1 or 2 places at home but also have them on our infrastructure, completely secured as well. At launch our archival service will place the images in the EU and the US on completely redundant storage arrays. All you have to do is turn on the feature and your photos will be "archived" to these locations.

I should mention that all photos remain the property of the photographer. We don't have any rights to them. They're yours.

As you said, we're really hoping this will be a breakthrough for photographers. Our feature roadmap extends out over 3 years at the moment. We've just got so much we want to do to enhance the product. So, what you see at launch is just the beginning.

if it is just a website to present things (e.g. no sophisticated e-commerce features needed), then i recommend using an ASCII text editor. HTML is not complicated, nor is PHP.

I use wordpad to edit and create my websites.. I don't use php but I do use css with html. Easy stuff once you learn the coding.

ttfn
CDL.

I use wordpad to edit and create my websites.. I don't use php but I do use css with html. Easy stuff once you learn the coding.

ttfn
CDL.

I agree you do not really need PHP. but complex site designs are so much easier to do if you use PHP :)
At least IMHO.

Most reactions

Back