What a hoot!

The day after I got my old 300, I got close to a hawk and have been chasing them every since, never to come as close as I did. I would have DIED if I could have shot that owl as closely. Awesome, awesome. So, uh, how much for an 8x10? :)

Oh, Airic, so sorry to hear about your dad..... :( it's so bizarre to think you walked out to relieve the stress and you stumbled across the amazing situation that allowed you to get these fabulous images.... and they are fabulous, you have a right to be proud of these. :D I love the ones of the bird in flight, love the blurred motion.

I'm glad your dad will be ok.... glad you decided to go let off some steam and kept your wits about you to get these images.

I think I like the second one best - he has a shocked kind of look that lends such a realism we often don't see.

Great work. :D

Thank Terri,

When I head into the woods like this I totally submerge myself in the hunt for wildlife and try to forget the outside world. photography has always been my out and is a hobby first and job second. I was very surprised that I saw the owl before he saw me. that seldom happens with any bird especially when I come stumbling along.

Eric

Terribly sorry about your dad and glad to hear he'll be okay ... sounds like he has more living yet to do! :D

The pictures are great ... looks like your solitary walk paid off!

All the best to you and your family

Jen

They are all great but I love the second to last one the best too.
I'm sorry to hear about your father.

AIRIC said:
Thank Terri,

When I head into the woods like this I totally submerge myself in the hunt for wildlife and try to forget the outside world. photography has always been my out and is a hobby first and job second. I was very surprised that I saw the owl before he saw me. that seldom happens with any bird especially when I come stumbling along.

Eric

I would guess you got away with it cause he was busy grubbin'. :wink: Your lucky day!!

I looked again, and I think the second image still rules because of that element of surprise. Lots of photogs see owls sitting calmly in trees. But not everyone sees them eating on the ground and looking startled like that. You showed amazing presence of mind to get those first two shots - I think I might have yelled, "WOW! Look! An OWL!" :LOL:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back