what camera do you use?

Are you just asking what camera each person uses, or are you wanting to know what is best to use? Either way, there won't be anything close to one simple answer.

My camera is a Canon Digital Rebel. I also have a film camera, which is a Canon AE-1 Program, but I've never used it for portraits.

Ill all depends on who and in what situation I shooting. Anything from 35mm to 8x10.
EOS 1DS mark II, A2E, Mamyia RZ, Yashica G, Speedograph, Arca Swiss and a closet full of lenses.

We use the Canon 10D and Nikon D70, our backup is a N70.

craig said:
Of course it it the photographer not the camera.

The comment is a partial true. The camera play a big part depending on lenses, shutter speeds etc as well a other equipment. Example: Someone comes on the forum and ask how can I create the picture (something that takes 15 lights) with my digital rebel kit and a ex 420. You cant. I'm not saying that can not create great pictures with the simplest equipment, you can. The camera and other equipment are just a big part.

photoboy15 said:
Example: Someone comes on the forum and ask how can I create the picture (something that takes 15 lights) with my digital rebel kit and a ex 420. You cant.

I can. Seriously... I think I could.

But your point is well taken. Speaking GENERALLY... a couple of things to consider about a camera for portraiture are:

1) A longer than normal lens. This applies to portraits of one or two persons.

2) If shooting flim, a negative large enough to do general retouching (blemishes, shadows under the eyes, smile lines, and so on) and make quailty enlargements. In other words, a roll film camera.

I can. Seriously... I think I could.

If you can get enough power out of a ex 420 to light profoto 8' reflector while lighting up a background, then I bow to you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back