What chemicals to get?

A good book would be a copy of The Darkroom, one of the series in the Time-Life library of photography. It is well-illustrated and well-written and it is widely available from used book stores. Your local library might even have a copy. The Time-Life library of photography has some amazing books, and I learned a huge amount of my basic photography knowledge from that series of books. The books are large format and profusely Illustrated and retail for around five bucks each these days. I think there were 23 volumes in all, but I'm not sure.

That, and old photo books/pamplets talk about what is now vintage such as darkroom stuff, etc. I have an old Kodak data guide I think... (Derrel would know what I mean!).

Is there by chance ever a camera swap in your area? I've bought darkroom supplies and had them offering to cart old photo paper out to my car they were so glad to throw it in free and get rid of it! (I use it for lumen prints.)

The thing I wonder about caffenol is how archivally safe it will be over time. B&W negatives and prints done in film chemistry seem to last indefinitely. And, if I smelled coffee I might accidently drink it! lol

edit - Have you looked at Home - The Film Photography Project ? You might try them.

Thanks. I have been practicing loading the film into a spool with an old roll of film that I got. I will check out the fpp. I hadn't even thought of them. Thanks again

That, and old photo books/pamphlets talk about what is now vintage such as darkroom stuff, etc.

$2 each....thrift store.

olVwOkV.jpg

Groovy in the darkroom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back