What do you guys and gals think?

realitycheck3907

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Please give me some comment and critiques for these photos. Thanks for the help guys.
DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

If you have photoshop, try enhancing some of the colors in #2 so the red in the sign really pops!

I LOVE THE FIRST ONE!!! Is it in Bham? If so where at? I'm in Louisiana, but my b/f's family lives in Bham!! Thanks!

Yeah they're in birmingham. All of them were shot in downtown b'ham. The first one you said you liked is the alley right beside the peanut depot. Its on 21st street and 2ave north I think. Thanks for the comments guys.

We took this one also april but I wasn't sure which one I liked more.
DSC_0120.jpg

Last edited:
I like them all but especially the first one. The only problem I see is that it seems so long and narrow. I think if you cut it off just an inch or two above the top of the stairs that it would do more for the photo but the is just my opinion. The other long shot I really don't feel that it needs to be cut off, it doesn't seem drawn out because it's busier. Nice work

-TAG

Yeah they're in birmingham. All of them were shot in downtown b'ham. The first one you said you liked is the alley right beside the peanut depot. Its on 21st street and 2ave north I think. Thanks for the comments guys.

We took this one also april but I wasn't sure which one I liked more.
DSC_0120.jpg

I like that one a lot better!! with signs and streets...I think the more vibrant colors can be...the better!

Thanks for the replies guys. Anyone else?

We also took this one. I cropped it like you suggested and darkened it just a tad cause it was pretty bright.

DSC_0192-1.jpg

Last edited:
I actually prefer the first number one over the cropped one. There's more room for your eyes to explore, and the stairs really lead into the picture. Bumping the contrast up so that you got some nice, deep blacks would be my two cents...

I thought the first one had some potential, but could use some brightening, increased contrast and sharpening. It also needed to be rotated like .4-.5 degrees. I played with it a sec and this is what I got.

DSC_0193.jpg

BTW, your embedded color profile was also corrupted or something. Weird.

I personally might like to have tried taking this a bit more to the left or right to get more of the detail from one of those walls. Just an idea.

I think the peanut depot sign is interesting, but also needs more of this kind of thing... honestly, I'm surprised that one is so soft... hm. Odd.

For all of these I think I would want to do a bit of perspective correction. Check out this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137034

Good potential, either way!

Most reactions

Back