What do you think aout this lamp?

I dont know what light temp will come out of that, but you'll want to diffuse it if you are going to try and light someone with it.

It would be handy for light painting, or maybe lighting a backdrop. Might be possible to use it for hair light high to the rear, but I dunno.

The color and the beam pattern will determine how useful it is. But it is cheap so why not give it a shot.

Work lights have been used by many people who want to try some ancillary lighting on a budget. One thing you WILL need is a way to soften the light. The simplest solution is building large V -cards, which are large Foam-Core boards, four of them, taped together so that they form a tall, sort of V-like free-standing panel, almost like a dressing room screen. The shop light is aimed into the V-shaped Foam-Core panel arrangement,and the light beam is scattered a bit and dispersed as a much larger, softer light source. V-cards make nice, tall catchlights in the eyes of a subject. The drawback is that V cards must sit on the floor,and are impossible to aim except pretty much at floor level.

The second simple solution is to diffuse the lights by shining them through fabric, using them as what are known as "scrims". Scrims can be made by using any sort of square or rectangular frame (window screen frame, for example) covered with either tracing paper, Tuff Spun diffuser material, or thin, white ripstop nylon from fabric stores. Many people have made the frames by using PVC pipe and elbow joints. A simple, dual-panel can also be fashioned into a V-card type shape, with the two panels joined together by clamps, or by joining clips that are made by sawing two short pieces of pipe in half, and epoxy cementing them back to back to form two "clips".

Wow ..... great responses! lol

I took a shot to post.
4289765330_fe1092d321_b.jpg

The thing with those work lights, is that they get really hot. You have to be careful that you don't put them too close to anything.
And if you are going to be shooting people, they might be fairly uncomfortable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back