what do you think of the composition?

meotter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
1492907072_f65609ba98.jpg

i thought it was a good picture, but somebody else told me they thought the tree showing on the top left was very distracting...

just trying to guage opinion and perhaps what you would have done differently to capture this same subject?

fwiw, i am guessing that a response of, your composition is good, is a valid response in this post, since that's what i'm asking to be critiqued.

I think the composition is fine, although I am personally drawn more to horizontal landscapes. I like your framing though, and your placement of the horizon. And your exposure looks great...although I'm sure you already know that. The tree in the top left doesn't draw my eye at all. But at the same time nothing else really draws my eye either...seems like there needs to be something else to really put this image over the top, but I know we never have control over what the landscape we are photographing looks like.
All in all, it's a nice shot. Keep it up.

The problem is that the tree does not have sufficient visual impact to be the main subject of the picture. You really need a vertical in the water such as a large sailboat or a yacht.

skieur

Most reactions

Back