Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yellowstone Natl Park- June 27, 2015.
Canon T3i
F/5
1/640
ISO 200
Shot in RAW but here as JPG

Really like this composition, but wondered if it needed anything to 'finish' it. Thoughts?
IMG_2716_zpsoewm4dk3.jpg

Last edited:
what jumps out second is nothing- because there's no subject.

Braineack nailed it.

As a photographer, we create a picture. Which means we don't just hold a mirror and freeze it. We use our knowledge of photography and our equipment to create a picture. In order to do that we find something to make the focal point. Or if not a focal point, then something that the photo emphasizes (like a particular tone or mood). That's why a good sunset photo almost never centers the horizon (but instead makes a choice about providing more of the sky or more of the foreground). You as the photographer need to make a choice. Are you trying to get us to focus on the water? Then get down lower. Or blur it with a longer exposure. Or crop differently. Is it the fallen trees in the water? Then go B&W with some contrast so the forms stand out.

what jumps out second is nothing- because there's no subject.
Yeah, you are so right! Thanks for the analysis- I totally agree.

Braineack nailed it.

As a photographer, we create a picture. Which means we don't just hold a mirror and freeze it. We use our knowledge of photography and our equipment to create a picture. In order to do that we find something to make the focal point. Or if not a focal point, then something that the photo emphasizes (like a particular tone or mood). That's why a good sunset photo almost never centers the horizon (but instead makes a choice about providing more of the sky or more of the foreground). You as the photographer need to make a choice. Are you trying to get us to focus on the water? Then get down lower. Or blur it with a longer exposure. Or crop differently. Is it the fallen trees in the water? Then go B&W with some contrast so the forms stand out.
When I was there, I was really wishing I had my tripod (was wandering about killing time waiting on the kids). Blurring the H2O would have really helped. Fools errand to try to 'shop in the water blur now?

yes very. cause it's still not a great composition.

So you'll end up with a weak image with obviously fake blur added to it.

Add a Godzilla in there and it'll be minty.

Add a Godzilla in there and it'll be minty.
You seriously didn't see Godzilla? Right in the middle of the stream- look again:
godzilla_zpsbzejfpv7.jpg

I'll admit, it's subtle, but...

Bacon.

It needs bacon.

How about some cleavage? Cleavage makes everything better!

It needs a bear.
OK- I admit that the godzilla in the middle of the stream with the toy boat in his mouth is hard to see without enlarging- but seriously, you missed the bear? Look very closely on the left hand side of the frame- she's heading towards the tiny godzilla:
godzilla_zpsxgl5xaxg.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back