What flash accessory for huge indoor spaces?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. I will be picking up a SB-600 soon and I have been shooting alot of indoor spaces as shown here. My question is, I would like to have a flash for cases like this. I was wondering what accessory I should get that would make the light a little more scattered and less harsh in places like this. I was thinking one of the inverted domes, but the clear or the cloud? If I was mistaken, I would love to know. Any advice would be great! :)

Thanks in advance.
Mark

The Lightsphere products work best (or at all) when there are surfaces all around you, for the light to bounce off of. If you are in a huge space, there probably won't be surfaces for the light to bounce off of....so you are no better off than using the bare flash. Actually, you are worse off because you would have wasted a lot of light by shooting out into open space....thus causing your flash to work harder than it needs to and draining the batteries faster than you need to.

I overstated the spaces I will be in. I realise that now :blushing:. The spaces I am talking about are about 20x20 most of the time.

Mark

You don't need anything for your flash, don't waste your money on Gary Fong rubbish a 2 pint plastic milk bottle will work just as well or get some polystyrene board and bounce your flash off that

I wasnt going to get the $45 Fong one. I was going to get the $16 opteka counterpart for that reason :)

Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back