What for tethering cable?

julianliu

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.cornerstoneimage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, please help. I am looking for tethering cable for my new baby Nikon D810. The "tether cable" from Tether tools are ridiculously expensive. I saw some "USB 3.0 cable" from Cable Matters are pretty cheap. So I wonder what's the difference between these two cables? Can the latter ones be used for tethering shoot? At least the connections all looks the same.

Last edited:
Video tether? Need an hdmi cable for that but like Lew said a USB cable is more than sufficient for photo tethering.

I bought a USB cable extension from Radio Shack and combine it with the cable that came with my Canon and it works great. (May be a little long of a cable, but I have room to move the computer.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Guys, there regular USB 3.0 cable does not work! I tried it on Lightroom on Mac and windows, as well as capture one on Windows. None of the program recognize D810. Anything I could possibly have done wrong?

Those programs might not support tethering for that camera yet as it's so new.

hey, guys, still need help here.

I returned the cheap USB 3.0 cable to Amazon because no software recognized my D810. Then I realized I have the factory USB cable came with the camera and I tried it to. I updated my Lightroom to 5.6 version, which has the update for D810, but still Lightroom did not recognize D810. It does not work either when I connected the camera with it to Lightroom 5.4 and Captureone 7 on my Macbook Air either. Anyone have any suggestion on what's possibly going wrong?
I thought my old cheap USB 3.0 cable was the problem so I returned it and ordered the expensive cable from Tether tools. But I doubt it will work if I cannot get the factory USB cable work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back