what happen to photo of the month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had not visited this site for quite a while until recently. When I started browsing around again I went to this section and the first thing I thought was "Hmmm, why did they stop doing the POTM." :lol:

Brian

I had not visited this site for quite a while until recently. When I started browsing around again I went to this section and the first thing I thought was "Hmmm, why did they stop doing the POTM." :lol:

Brian
I guess they couldn't find any pictures to choose from.

The numbers dwindled massively, part of the problem was that people had to enter your photo and who is going to enter someone else's photo into a competition?

Rules need an update and get this show back on the road...

Formatted - actually I disagree that that was the problem at all since it was only ever an informal site competition (and from memory no one ever complained about being nominated).

However the problem was that everyone has ended up living in the beginners section ;) and with that came the fact that many fringe subsections get overlooked because everyone just goes to the single section to view the site. This has led to less activity in other sections combined with the death of others and the photographer of the month is one of them.
Furthermore the photo of the month used to come with a little prize, however with the changeover of the site owners the competition lost its prize option which I suspect diminished its popularity in some respects.

So its a combination of lots of new members not knowing of it combined with a steadily lesser interest from existing members in the competition and its just sort of fallen away from the site (for the present at least)

Here's a vote to get it back up and running!

in the past, what i did for one of my forums was have a section (like this one) to moderate a monthly winner for a photo on a specific thread.

On there, I would go on daily and tally up the amounts of votes each photo received, and there would be a top 5 category and from there, users would choose a winner.

this seemed to work well. Since you mentioned that there were people going to other sections, make this section interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back