What happened to these two pictures?

kokoro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this picture from a pedestrian bridge.
You can see me in the picture as a shade.
It was so blight day in summer.
There were cars going under the bridge.
But somehow, something is strange in this picture
This is taken with Fujifilm fine pix two years ago.

50.jpg

I took this one yesterday.
I used A5406CA by Casio for this picture.
It was not that much shining day. I captured birds flying above us.
What happened to the left side of the picture???
BTW, I like this pictures, coz its beautifl!

inthweshine.jpg

i do'nt know but the first one looks like very high noise which is sometimes associated with very high ISO settings, and the second one looks like very bad lens flare, just my opinion.

Looks like you have a very similar streak going through both of the images on the left side. Are you having same problems with other photos or just these two?

Another possibility is that you've aimed your camera at something bright (sun, maybe? Even if it's behind the clouds) and it is, as dalebe suggested, a bad lens flare. I've heard of a problem with vertical streaking when shooting something very bright, but the streaks usually come out dark (something that has to do with how light exposes the black frame around the CCD thus fooling it into thinking that this overbright area is the correct black, so the camera adjusts the entire width of the streak accordingly), that could be a similar issue with your photo.

Sounds like there are so many things that I have to learn, including those camera terms!!!
Actually these two photos are taken by different cameras.

IMHO, the 2nd one looks like a light leek, more likely in developing. or something weird w/ developing process. (just from my experiences in the darkroom)

Kokoro, yes, at first it is difficult to understand all the technical terms about photography that are being used here - for you and I, English is not our mother tongue, so some expressions are very new. I have learned a lot (with regards to my English) here in the course of time I've been around.

In the first photo, I am having problems with the perspective. It seems as if the road is suddenly upside down underneath the shadow of the bridge and the cars are going on their roofs.
The white line on the left in the first photo is the border line of the street, so I see it. Is that right? But your question probably is: why do the cars look like they're stuck to the ROOF?

With the second photo, I think you photographed into the sun, which was there, although there were some thin clouds.
I get this white streak on my DISPLAY of the digital camera when I take photos against the sun, but fortunately so far never in the photo itself.
Your camera seems to have had light problems in the second photo, anyway, for a reason that I don't know: you can also see the movement of the sea gull's wings on the right (darker part in the sky, blurred, which, by the way, I find SUPER-interesting!).
The white on the left looks like a concentrated ray of sunlight, though... must have been caused by the kind of lens your camera has.

Most reactions

Back