What happened?

selmerdave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
sample.jpg

First shot on a roll of Techpan shot at ISO 25 with a 28mm with a lens hood. Hood is dedicated, camera (Pentax MZ-5) is known to be working fine. The rest of the roll (100%) is badly overexposed, and while they were tricky back-lit shots I'm usually not THAT far off. Could something have gone wrong with the processing? It was done by a pro lab that I've used many times with exellent results. I told them to process at ISO 25, my first time bringing them Techpan. Film is in date (exp. 2008 ), brought for processing inside of 24hrs.

Dave

Doug, thanks for the response. Yes it's a (poor) scan from the print, it does have a border that is white and crisp. The stuff above the buildings is from the scanner, in the print the buildings are basically crisp outlines and the sky is pure grey. But looking at the negative I don't see all of that black crap around the corners (there appears to be good detail to the corners), so I am now realizing that at the least it is a seriously flawed print. I am not really experienced enough at looking at negatives to judge the exposure from that, it seems possible that they are as overexposed as the prints. Perhaps I should inquire about the chemicals used. It is of course possible that I screwed up that much, just surprising to me. When I have a chance I'll post an example of the overexposure.

Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back