What intrigues you, since you became a photographer?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by keith204, Dec 31, 2007.

1. keith204

keith204 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    For me, it's clouds. Today the sky is blue but the clouds are a deep bold purple. The other day there was a line of clouds at sunset that were bright orange and pink. At the bottom there was a strip of metallic yellow lining. It just intrigues me to think of how light is working to change the color of all these clouds.

Since you became a photographer, what amuses you, in a photo-listic (?) way?

2. ScottS

ScottS TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Playing with light. Strobes and such.

3. Miaow

Miaow TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Long exposures of water. Not that i can really do them with my current P&S camera but I have hopes of one day having a DSLR that I can do them with lol

4. SwEetAbbOttMeOHmy

SwEetAbbOttMeOHmy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The Sky it just amazes how different and beautiful it can be. And how at any given time it could change.

5. Big Bully

Big Bully TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sunsets... Sunsets get me!
    I am amazed how there are no two sunsets the same, and that you can actually make a sunset picture in black and white look good. I probably have about 100 pictures of sunsets and siloutte's, they are amazing!
    That and sled pulls. I am trying to perfect my "motorsport" photography. I am a big fan of showing motion, like the tractor in my avatar.
    But I am also looking for different ways to broaden my creativity.. Any ideas?

6. Happy Hour

Happy Hour TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I love sky shots but here in the city it's almost impossible to get a goo view. But my main passion has always been people. not so much portraits, but people in there natural settings. (I hate when people look straight at the camera) I like getting shots of people that have no idea anyones looking. Those seem to be the most natural pictures 4 me.

7. JayBey

JayBey TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, at first it was clouds. The contrast and the "motion" I could capture just seemed, fun.

But now, a year later. I love taking absurd pictures, or telling stories through photos and trying to make the viewer so invited or thoughtfull of the picture that he\she just stops and thinks.

bad english, I know.

8. Big Bully

Big Bully TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Oh my Gosh!!! I'm not the only one!!! I am so proud at this moment!!! :lol: I agree, when people look at the camera it is so un-natural, and kinda leaves an eary feeling to the picture. Oh what is that photographers name.... that did the picture of the evil looking twins, and the kid holding the grenade in Central Park....
    When people look straight into the camera it just freaks me out. That is why most of my subjects are looking slightly above the camera, to the left or right of the camera, or just plain looking away. It is just more natural for me at least.

9. slickhare

slickhare TPF Noob!

One thing I like is watching a good movie, and seeing how cinematography is somewhat like photography in motion if you remove the plot and sound. If that doesn't make sense, I was watching Inside Man and noticed this shot of Denzel walking down the stairs. The staircase was a half spiral with a D shaped opening all the way up if that helps you picture it. The camera was looking directly up through the opening in the staircase. To the untrained eye this was probably just an innocuous transition shot, but I was taken aback at the subtle art direction employed in something like showing the main character walking down some stairs. Little things like that.

Also just noticing little neat things in life that you'd usually just pass over.

10. KristiJo

KristiJo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    people's faces.. I love capturing that one expression/emotion that people typically over look when you are having a simple converstaion

11. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I simply see more... I see more details, I see more intensely, I get more out of the scene when I am with my camera.

Also years later, I remember trips better where I used my camera a lot... even without looking at the images.

Actually, my reason why I kept up with travel photography was not so much for the photographic images, but for the then better defined images in my head!

12. Big Bully

Big Bully TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Hey good thinking, it will give you something to think about when you get old.
    I used to work in a nursing home and you could see the devistation in some of the peoples eyes when they couldn't remember the past. It was heartbreaking to see. So heck if you find a way to keep things in your head, use it. Because as I have seen when all you can do is sit in a wheelchair, and rely on others, a good memory is easier to pay attention to than a movie. :thumbup: