What is going to be on the table tonight.

Gary - that bread looks awesome. I slow cooked some venison today. 1st time and it came out well.

A test cook with gluten free lasagna noodles for an upcoming birthday party this weekend :)

Of course, lasagna isn't complete without fresh bread !

I was low on Quick rise yeast so I used Traditional with my no-knead bread recipe. I didn't get the oven spring I normally do but it was still just as tasty.

No%20knead%20bread_zpswzywi8bw.jpg

No boil gluten free lasagna noodles covered for 45 minutes to retain moisture and then a short broil to brown up the top layer of cheese..

Gluten%20free%20lasagna_zpsmgolyqqt.jpg

Plated a little too early but darn, I was hungry :)

Gluten%20free%20plated_zpsqvtqlvlm.jpg

I found the gluten free noodles to be a quarter as thick as normal wheat noodles but that just means the ratio of meat sauce to noodles is higher :)

Cheers, Don

Tonight? Probably nothing or if anything leftovers.

At dinner time however the table will have on it pulled pork, brisket and ribs, potato salad, macaroni & cheese salad, baked beans and a home made chocolate cake with a chocolate and sour cream frosting.

Slow-cooker (10 hours on Low) beef stew and homemade whole wheat buttermilk biscuits.

Probably sounds boring but...basically a thanksgiving meal with a whole chicken instead of a turkey. ;)
Stuffing, cranberry, veggie, gravy made from broth left from our turkey a few months ago and mashed potatoes! Mmmmm.
In an RV it's not always aeasy meal to accommodate, so it's a treat :)
And then there's leftovers :) :)

Probably sounds boring but...basically a thanksgiving meal with a whole chicken instead of a turkey. ;)
Stuffing, cranberry, veggie, gravy made from broth left from our turkey a few months ago and mashed potatoes! Mmmmm.
In an RV it's not always aeasy meal to accommodate, so it's a treat :)
And then there's leftovers :) :)
Here, this may spice it up a little.
Recipes for the Road | Go RVing

Just don't forget to take care of the necessities...............

:biggrin-new:

It's so funny that people always thinking of that aspect when they think of RV life . We just pull a lever and zip, it's done.
The cooking site made me hungry! Thanks for the ideas :)

Well sometimes it is funny.
Motorhome-Oops-Artwork2.jpg

Of course you don't have to worry about that problem if you leave the valve open while driving down the highway.

Probably so, but we hijacked my thread since I was the OP and I Don't Care. Back to topic though, tonight is seafood. Going to The Cove. It is a triple D place so will see how they fare. Wanted to try a couple of triple D place yesterday. Went to the Taco Taco Cafe and found that they are gone and went to the Moroccan Bites only to find they were closed for the day for a religious holiday. Not doing good on this trip for triple D places.

Ok, I do believe I have had my fill of Tex-Mex for a while. Right now I'd give a c-note for a good Italian Beef sandwich. :biggrin-93:

Whipped up a mushroom risotto tonight.
I'll talk you through it cos as humbly as I can say it 'It was freakin' awesome!"
First thing was to reconstitute some dried Shiitake's
Next I sautee'd some portobello's in a little butter and set them aside.
Olive oil, in with the brown onions (fine dice), swished in some chardonnay as they were going translucent, plenty of garlic, in with the arborio rice.
Meanwhile, the stock (chicken stock and the Shiitake soaking water) was coming up to temp.
Spring onions, in, thyme, in, black pepper, white pepper, smoked paprika, the shiitakes - in.
As the stock keeps pace with the absorption of the rice, some more wine, some lemon juice.
at the end, as the rice goes al dente, I shaved some aged gruyere and razor planed some solid parmesan and crispy fried some tasty salami for the final garnish.
Mrs. Taveuni muttered after each of the first half dozen mouthfulls " Mwaaw, aw, aww that's good, that's so good, mwaur that's good" then she just ate!

Most reactions

Back