What is going to be on the table tonight.

While I very much enjoy Mexican Food and even make it often I have found that for me, I may be Scotch & Irish by birth, my stomach is Italian. I was fortunate in college to have a friend who came from a traditional Mexican family who ate true Mexican Food. Later I worked for many years with his older brother. Needless to say I was blessed with many opportunities to have true Mexican food. I was surprised to find the first time Mama Jauragui fixed tacos she put potato in them as well.

Last edited:
While I very much enjoy Mexican Food and even make it often I have found that for me, I may be Scotch & Irish by birth, my stomach is Italian. I was fortunate in college to have a friend who came from a traditional Mexican family who ate true Mexican Food. Later I worked for many years with his older brother. Needless to say I was blessed with many opportunities to have true Mexican food. I was surprised to find the first time Mama Jauragui fixed tacos she put potato in them as well.
Potato Tacos are a staple in the lower economic classes. Last week I ate at one of up and coming Mexican restaurants I spoke of and I had the best potato taco of all time.

image.jpeg
Sweet & sour meatballs simmering away. The recipe is from the Hollywood Bowl Cookbook.

Potato Tacos are a staple in the lower economic classes. Last week I ate at one of up and coming Mexican restaurants I spoke of and I had the best potato taco of all time.
It was a meat taco, but had small cubes of potato. May have been a filler, I don't know, but the potato was cooked but not mushy and had been seasoned. It was different but very good. What made it work was that the beef was shredded not a ground hamburger you normally find. The Pork was my favorite.

Falafel Chicken, couscous and hummus.

Last edited:
Ego waffles and a hard boiled egg. Bottle of water.

One last tray of Snickerdoodles to go in the oven then the baking for tonight will be done. This is a soft snickerdoodle recipe instead of the standard hard crisp. Substituted bread flour for AP flour.

Tonight- Torta Di Pasta.

Ingredients

16 ounces spaghetti
1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
8 large eggs
3 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/12 cup grated fontina
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions

Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Toss with the sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside to cool completely otherwise the hot pasta could curdle the eggs when you add them later on.

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper, Parmesan, basil and fontina to blend. Add the cooled spaghetti mixture; toss to coat. Preheat the broiler.

Melt the butter and oil in a 12-inch-diameter nonstick skillet over medium/medium high heat. Transfer the spaghetti mixture to the skillet, pressing to form an even layer.

Cook until the bottom is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the broiler. Broil until the top is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Cool in the skillet to room temperature.

Invert the torta onto a platter. Cut into wedges and serve at room temperature.

Add a salad and a nice healthy meal that is wonderful on a warm summers evening.

Hamburgers and tater tots. I load the burger up with the tater tots, then my wife yells at me.

Hamburgers on the grill are tomorrow night when the in-laws get here. Instead of tater tots the burgers will have blue cheese crumbles in them. Rest of the menu will include chips and baked beans.

Too hot here to use the grill. It's 7 pm and 97 degrees with awful humidity. Too hot to eat. Going to have a smoothie for dinner. Yum!

5:00 p.m. here and we're at 80F right now and we're on on way to 68F by midnight. Humidity is a bit high at 47%. I have a salmon marinating away in the frig. Soon I'm gonna stroke up the Kamodo and toss the fish on the BBQ. Then a bottle of wine and dinner in the patio.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back