What is this? NuArc Horizontal Vacuum Camera

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by airgunr, Jul 9, 2005.

1. airgunr

airgunr TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I came across this on a police auction site. Anybody seen this? Can it be used as a Large Format camera separate from the rest?

http://www.propertyroom.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=61721177&prmenbr=31895249&aunbr=62067887

NuArc Horizontal Vacuum Camera - Model 1418SC2

This horizontal vacuum camera by NuArc is model 1418SC2, and it features a filmboard reduction and enlargement scale, a twelve-button keypad with an LED display, four spotlights with pivot arms, and a vacuum switch. This massive camera unit measures 70" x 30" x 60", and it weighs approximately 175 pounds.

Please note that the pivot screen's locking latch is broken and some of the knobs are missing. This item was not tested because it uses a special three-prong electrical plug, and its external appearance is considered fair.

<snip>

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    It appears to be a process camera; similar in construction to a view camera, but designed for photographing ad copy. It wouldn't work as a standalone as the unit is designed only to focus as far it's own stand.