What is this??

Yeah I have the 75-200mm and like it to an extent but like yesterday I saw a bald eagle in the air and took pics but you couldnt really see it all that close up so thats why I wanted a better lens for a cheap price that could take those kind of pics. Here is that picture by the way...........

TylersPictures957.jpg

With the lens you were looking at you probably will not be able to get a slow enough shutter speed to stop any kind of motion even a bird soaring very slowly.

Snakedudeman328 said:
Even if there was alot of light the sgutter speed wouldnt be fast enough?

Actually as long as that lens is. You would probably need 1/1000 shutter to keep camera shake from ruining the picture. Maybe 1/500 if you had a good steady tripod. But its length really will compound camera shake. The one I borrowed. I used 800 speed film and 1/1000 shutter at f/11 (sunny blue sky day). The pictures were fairly grainy due to the lens and film speed. The lens was a promaster version and I think he paid $199 for it (he still has it). So was even more than this one. Again no way you can hand hold this lens. Just too long. So shooting flying birds will be an issue too.

If you already have a 200mm lens. Look at a 2x teleconverter (but get a decent one). That would give you a 400 f/11 lens. But will be much shorter and easier to use. Even look for a used one to save money. I can say stay away from Phoenix (I have one and it sucks), Promaster, and the like. Kenko makes a decent one for about half of Canon / Nikon. Now the teleconverter will also amplify any shart fallings with your current lens. But I bet it will still be a better pic than from the cheap long one.

And be carefull when you order teleconverters (any camera product). I have a Phoenix 2x tele because of a bait and switch salesman. I wanted a Kenko and he said he was out of stock (was a low price advertisement). I fell for the I have another brand just as good for same price speel. No where near the Kenko! And the Kenko is good for the price but middle of the road glass quality wise.

I did buy a Promaster 500mm f/8 cat lens from a local photo store when I was a freshman in college. I wanted a big lens so I could take long shots. $100 was a lot to me then. I should have taken it back. I kept it about 6 months and sold it for about $35. The cheap lenses are not worth it, even for just $100. I ended up renting a Tokina 300 2.8 when I needed it. And eventually bought a Nikon 300 2.8 AF after I saved enough up. I learned my lesson on cheap lenses on that $100 Promaster.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back