Photos OK to edit
Anyone who wants to recommend a lens that can be use in:
*night photography
*low-light (fast moving)
*bar/concert

I'm a CANON user.

Thanks in advance:heart:

Welcome to the forum.

What's your budget and focal length preference? Is using flash an option?

What you are looking for is a 'fast' lens...a lens with a large maximum aperture. Off the top of my head:
35mm F1.4 L
50mm F1.4
50mm F1.2 L
85mm F1.8
85mm F1.2 L

What's your budget and focal length preference? Is using flash an option?

Thank you sir! Well as for the budget concern i hope i can get the cheapest around, I also wanted to use natural light so flash is not an option for me..

Maybe i should get 2 lenses right?

prime and a zoom lens =)

again thanks for your time.

much respect sir!

cheapest would be the nifty fifty. 50mm f/1.8. A good lens for the budget.

is it good for low light and no flash sir?

coz ill be shooting some musicians at night with low light (i dont like using flash either), maybe in some bars (with fast moving actions).

thanks. ;)

is it good for low light and no flash sir?
Any 'fast' lens will work, so yes.

Since you want to go cheap, the 50mm F1.8 is a good option. It's less than $100. The 50mm F1.2 on the other hand, is $1400.

I'd think a 35 f/1.4 would be the most versatile.

IF he is in a bar, he wont have a whole lot of room to back up and get a shot, hes probably on a crop sensor, I think 35mm would be better than 50mm or 85mm

Any 'fast' lens will work, so yes.

Since you want to go cheap, the 50mm F1.8 is a good option. It's less than $100. The 50mm F1.2 on the other hand, is $1400.

so i think i can get the 50mm f1.4 coz its in the middle price range right? =)

IF he is in a bar, he wont have a whole lot of room to back up and get a shot
Might not have room to get close either.

The 50mm F1.4 is a great lens at a decent price. It's built much better than the F1.8 model but don't discount the F1.8 just because it's cheap. It's optically quite good. But since you will be in dark situations and shooting wide open, the F1.4 is probably the best choice for a 50mm lens.

35mm f/2 maybe?

i saw you have a 75-300mm, what can you say about that lens?
its also a cheap lens right? what are the pro's and cons of that lens for you?

thanks.

its also a cheap lens right? what are the pro's and cons of that lens for you?
I've also got one of those, but I don't use it very much.
Pros: It's cheap, image quality decent but not great
Cons: The maximum aperture is rather small, this makes it hard to get good shutter speeds in less than good light. Being a telephoto, you need fast shutter speeds to get sharp shots when not using a tripod. Image quality is not up to par with more expensive telephoto lenses like the 70-200mm group.

if ill be getting 50mm f1.4 should i get an extension tube so i can get a longer focal length?

how about other canon compatible lenses like tamron or sigma? is it cheaper with quality?

thank you very much for all those who's answering my questions, i really need to know everything to learn and thanks guys that youre there giving attentions.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back