Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ProBldg_4019editweb.jpg

I guess it does make most of its living by being a building... :laughing:

"Hangin' on the street, renting' out space."

Disgraceful!

It's trying hard to communicate that it's NOT amateur! Although I wouldn't have thought that buildings have hangups about such things.

that's fun :D

Is it a building that is professional? Is it a building that makes professionals? Is it a building that only professionals can enter? Is building a noun or a verb?

I'm so confused!!!

Did it give you one of its business cards?
Does it have a web site?
What does its logo look like?
Does it do weddings?

I know this is stereotyping, but I don't think it looks professional enough to be call a "professional building". At best, it looks to be semi-professional, or even more probably "would-be professional". I don't see any evidence of credentials. Or maybe, it saw all these "professional photographers", and said "if they can pretend, then so can I".

The architect may have been a "professional" but from the looks of it, I'd say he was severely hampered by a thread-bare budget.

pgriz said:
I know this is stereotyping, but I don't think it looks professional enough to be call a "professional building". At best, it looks to be semi-professional, or even more probably "would-be professional". I don't see any evidence of credentials. Or maybe, it saw all these "professional photographers", and said "if they can pretend, then so can I".

Yeah...I know what you mean...it needs a full-frame setup to look fully professional. But as we know, a lot of weekend warrior types use the word "professional" when self-describing, so...

Lol, loving the responses!
I pass this building every day on my way to work, and about half of these comments are the essence of what them meanders through my brain for the rest of my commute (which is mercifully short).

Is it a building that is professional? Is it a building that makes professionals? Is it a building that only professionals can enter? Is building a noun or a verb?

I'm so confused!!!

Well, now see, I hadn't even thought about this angle. You might be on to something. I don't think they are building professionals there, as there is hardly ever even anyone there, and I'd think it would take a lot of man-hours to produce a professional. But it COULD be a place where only professionals could go...no, then there'd be a lot more Moms with cameras going in and out. Maybe it has a "Professional" detector to weed out those who only "think" they are Pros. THAT would explain why there's rarely ever anyone there!

Did it give you one of its business cards?
Does it have a web site?
What does its logo look like?
Does it do weddings?

Based on the questionable color scheme and seriously outdated, drab exterior, can you just imagine what the website and logo must be like? Maybe I can find its FB page.

The architect may have been a "professional" but from the looks of it, I'd say he was severely hampered by a thread-bare budget.

You two are closest to my thoughts--I look at that building, and I think "sheesh, results like THAT and you want to call yourself a Pro?! You clearly don't even know the basics of design!

And on top of everything else, I'm pretty sure this building actually loses money every year! How can it call itself a professional when it's not even paying for its own upkeep?

It's professional and not just a MWAC (Made With A Concourse).

I'll apologize now - I'm tired.
tired_bear.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back