What memory card?

Atlas77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
will 4gb do it for me? 8gb cards start to get expensive. And I have heard not to purchase on ebay due to a lot of fake cards around.

edit: yay! 250 posts

double edit: your link didnt work for me.

4gb ought to do you fine. You might want to have one as a backup jist in case, so in that case 2X4gb might be better than 1x8gb.

darn it - here plug SanDisk Extreme III 4GB SDHC Memory Card and search on amazon for that. I agree avoid Ebay and just head for amazon - the prices there are far better than the bestbuy ones you have there.
I agree a 4GB should be fine, I have 2 4GB cards and have not used both of htem up in a single days shooting often (like once or twice) and that is shooting all in RAW as well

this might work:
http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-EXTRE...4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1258218112&sr=8-4

seems to - 8GB EXTREME III at only : $29.50

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think i might just go for that extreme you linked me.

Thanks.

Actually with shipping its going to be 50$ then add customs to that and thats a lot of money.

Im gonna head into best buy today to see what they have.

You're better with a few smaller cards than one big card... if for no other reason, if you lose one, you haven't lost all your images. Plus, they're cheaper that way. 4 4gb cards are generally cheaper than 1 16gb card.

You can find 8 gb memory cards at walmart for under 20.00 at times. Like others have said, for safety purposes, you might want to go with two 4gb cards.

I wouldnt put much stock into brands of memory cards, as I have owned several brands and never have had a single failure on any of them whether it be sandisk, Pny, etc. Maybe I have been lucky....who knows. LOL>

Another thing is the read/write speed of the card. This only comes into play in HD video recording or continuous shooting. A very slow card will lag the camera down. Normal single shot photography, this doesn't matter at all.

There will be a list of approved memory cards listed in your users manual, page 242.

You can look at the manual online at nikonusa.com .

I decided to go into henrys today, figured it would be best to talk to someone who knows what they are doing.

I told him I wanted a 4 or 8gb card, something not expensive for my D90.

He gave me the 4gb sandisk ultra. I bought it.

Im going to whistler this year and I want to bring my D90 along, do you think it would be good to have a 2gb backup card on me?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back