what program can I use?

imkzru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking for a program that will let me take a 2d image / photo and spin it and tilt it arbitrarily. I have looked at the the most popular ones but they only let me flip or rotate. in short I have one image of a car that the hood is tilted and the image I want to put on it is flat I need to put a slight spin and tilt it so I can put the image on the hood.

does anyone know of any program that can do this?

Photoshop will do it, as will PaintShop Pro, Gimp (free program), PhotoImpact, and many others.

if you dont have a program to do it, someone here might help you out if you post the pictures and describe what you need done.

Hi,

If you have a mac, there's a program called the 3D Data Visualizer Pro (it's meant for scientific graphing, but pretty low cost at $39), but it allows to to import images (as textures) and map them to a surface. The nice thing about it is that it's OpenGL based and FAST.

http://www.optunis.com/data_visualizer/data_visualizer_3d_pro.html

What you could do is to make an arbitrary plot (use any of the sample data in the folders), and DON'T show the plot or the Background grid. There is a Reference Plane, and you can Texture map any image to this reference plane. Flip the image around, rotate it in any direction. To stretch the reference plane, either stretch out the window, or change the resoltion.

Then you can make a PDF, export a TIFF Image, or even a QuickTime movie of an arbitrary rotation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back