what should i charge for digital photo retouching?

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm going to be editing some photos for someone that is making a high school textbook. She has some photos from rome (it's a latin textbook) that a friend took for her a while back and she wants me to enhance them for her. Unfortunately i dont know how many photos she has, which makes it hard for me to know what to charge her. Can you guys give me an estimate of what would be a good range for me to look into charging? Im suspecting that it will be done by photo, not by the hour. She's a friend of hours so i dont want to charge too much of course, but she said she'd be willing to pay me a 'good amount', or whatever a beginning retoucher would get paid. Unfortunately, i have no idea what that is. :confused: thanks for the help

several places on the internet advertise this service and they all say pretty much the same thing - that it's difficult to quote a price until you've seen the images. They normally quote by the hour rather than by the photograph.
Some images can take hours of re touching while others are only 10-15mins so an hourly rate would be the best way i'd reckon.
As was suggested - check out others services and charge a percentage of their hourly rate.

those prices were good IMO. most of the ones i did were either category 4 or category 5, with a couple below that. some were pretty bad. i'm already done with it and she paid me by the hour. i'd post some of the before and afters, but i'm not sure if i would get in trouble for the legal issues (although it's a friend of mine that took the pictures actually)

OnlinePhotoDoc said:
I provide this kind of service and I think my prices are pretty reasonable. I looked at some other sites to get an idea of what I should charge. I have a few examples on my site: http://onlinephotodoc.com

i usually do it for free.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back