What should I do with this picture?

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
What sort of effects would look good on here? Feel free to play with it and repost your work. Any suggestions?

ring.jpg

Doug Raflik

That's a tough one. It's very tight and my eyes are drawn to the back of the man's ears. I assume the focus in this one is the ring, correct?

I quickly tried some things in PS and couldn't quite get it to my liking. Perhaps a panoramic-ish crop in black and white?

So here's what I came up with:

I cropped some of the tux and empty space on the right.
Bumped up the contrast a tad and softened up the image.
Then desaturated it by 40%.

ring2.jpg

blur the entire photo excep the ring with a different crop???....the ring is a bit tiny compare to the frame size.....hard to emphasis it with my lack of experience.....i'll leave it to the experts to give more knowledgable comments

my.php

I tried this on PS, toned down the ears and cut the Lady from the frame to show the hand and ring only, What do you think

Cheers

Steve

Those ears put me off it.

iI don't think I'd use it. Cropping the hand may mean the size of the image becomes very small.

better to have gotten the bride's face in and been at different angle so the ear was only visible from the side. - Something like this.

12.jpg

I agree with EOS_JD, I think that a side image with the hand in focus may have worked a little better, especially with a dark background, but the photo I adjusted could look better if you used the Blur tool on everything but the Hand, I may have a try later, but the ears will still be there and they do seem to catch the first look

Cheers

Steve

i would crop it tight since theres no face in it.

I like the desaturated, contrasty look, it seems to be very popular. but a color shif on that hphoto, or going real far on the contrast is what works, there really isn't much there. It is a nice shot, but etting blurred face in it, or less ear size. Good background shot, so PS it to an extreme and make it into something.

Most reactions

Back