what site to sell photos on

tmckee1691

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I started taking photos as a hobby and I sold a few with out expecting it. I would like to sell my photos on a site but not a stock site. I have looked and looked but I can not decide what a good one would be. I am on a dial up modem or I would post some pictures so you could see some of my pictures.

I started taking photos as a hobby and I sold a few with out expecting it. I would like to sell my photos on a site but not a stock site. I have looked and looked but I can not decide what a good one would be. I am on a dial up modem or I would post some pictures so you could see some of my pictures.

Well, you're going to want to do something about that dial-up if you plan to sell online. You'll spend hours retrying uploads for every set you want to post.

That said, I've done SmugMug via dialup, and it seemed more fault-tolerant than the others I've used.

Do you have your own website?

I bought the Photocart application for my website so that I have a professional looking way to sell photos right on my site.

I use high speed internet for loading photos and such. I just have been using my phone while at work to browse the forums. I have not yet setup my site its something that I have been putting off for a couple months actually and I should just sit down and do it. My worry about my own site is that I will not have the traffic to make it work. How do you overcome the small amounts of traffic?

Here are a couple pictures sorry they are small im still not sure how to protect from copyright problems

3195387713_a2bed24b24.jpg

3195387721_f3278959d0.jpg

Here are a couple simple things I tried I sold one of the pictures

3195348955_c22f1c68c1.jpg

3196204230_5e91049891.jpg

deviantart.com allows you to sell photos through their shop if you want to test the water. You upload the picture and choose what size and type of print you want to sell, e.g. postcard, mousemat, canvas.

As for the traffic to your site, if you can get a high listing on google or one of the other search engines you should get good traffic. You have to optimise the keywords on the site so they are relevant, and also the more "trusted" sites which link to your page the higher your ratings will be. PM me if you want more info about getting your site a good position on search engines.

A site compliments your business and is a tool. You get traffic by promoting. Don't rely on a search engine to bring paying customers in. Advertise, spread the word, etc, etc, etc...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back