What size to post images on your website?

The difference between PPI and DPI
. . . Dots Per Inch is an old printing term and has almost no place in modern digital imaging. DPI is a measure of how many tiny, tiny droplets of ink a printer is laying down in its dither pattern to form one inch of a print. . .
. . . PPI is a logical term - changing the PPI of a particular file does not in any way affect the file itself - it is simply a decision about how many pixels of the available pixels you will use to print an inch on page. . .
PPI vs DPI - Google Search

DPI PPI or LPI -- what s the difference Adobe Community

Last edited:
Yes, Keith, we recognize that technically there is a difference. But for everyday real-world discussions, that pedantic difference doesn't matter enough to have to shove it down everyone's throat everytime it comes up.

Get over it.

Last edited:
I do 1000px wide too. But as more people use higher resolution, the bigger the photo will need to be.

Well the average monitor resolution of most users these days is 1360x768.

But the best way is to add in some auto re-sizing for you sites so you don't have to worry.

I typically just do 1000px on the long end. Shrinking photos tends to have a sharpening and noise reduction effect anyway and I prefer how it looks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back