What software do you use to edit photos?

charlestonmom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Also...just wondering what software to use to edit photos?? (speaking in terms of a very new beginner?) I really just want to learn to use the Rebel XT that I just got, so I can take great pictures....and I want to learn how to edit them....Any help appreciated...

HOw did you learn how to use the software???

there are lots of easy to use programs like The Gimp, but you can't beat photoshop. and there are tons of tutorials to teach you virtually anything. you can find them everywhere even on youtube.

why not look at the software that came with the camera.

then there is pisca or photoscape, or a lot of other free editing programs available.

then when you have outgrown them , look at other options.

I'm goin' the other directon.... you said you were a beginner... Can't see a beginner spending the kind of bucks that Photoshop 3 costs, when you can get Adobe Elements 7 at Costo for about $70 bucks.. you'll learn a TON about post processing with that program, and if you want to stick with it, then you can step up with more expensive programs.. Just my opinion...

I also use Lightroom - It's perfect for what I do - I bought CS3, even bought a book on learning it and never used it. I regret it now, but the less I have to edit photos anyway, the better.

Paintshop Pro Photo Editor X2 Ultimate.

Difference between X2 and Ultimate really is the ability to edit RAW images. Allows me to do many of the same things as Photoshop, and it's a LOT less money.

With the script programming, I can do bulk processing as well. I am currently putting one together just for entering in the Exif information and a copyright logo.

www.GIMP.org

It's free, open source software and it will get you started.

Googles Picase 3 www.picasa.com It's free too but can't so as much as Gimp. Amazon has books for learning how to use GIMP and all the other software.

Pain't Shop Pro X2 is a good value as is Photoshop Elements 7 at about $100.

Photoshop CS4 is the industry standard professional image editing software at about $700, $1000 for CS$ Extended if you want to be able to do 3D effects. If you want the entire CS4 Creative Master Suite $2500.

yeah like some others said i use lightroom to do bulk adjustments to pictures, then for the fine tuning and more serious detailed editing photoshop is the way to go

Most reactions

Back