What the?

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I have somehow acquired a Canon EF-M camera. Yes, a manual focus Canon body. I was going through my camera room, cleaning up a bit. And there was this dusty shoe box. Has a Sigma 28-70af lens and a Canon 80-200 EF lens. And a Speedlite 200m flash.

Someone must have given it to my wife. And she put it in my photo room???

I guess that means you're now a switch hitter.

Seriously, if you don't want it, consider putting it up for donation, a la Pixmedic. We get a few beginners/students that would appreciate something like this.

as going through my camera room

You have a "Camera Room"???? Man first you post about the new lens and now we find out you have a "Room". Seriously dude, you gotta stop giving the rest of us an inferiority complex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Yeah - I have part of a drawer.

as going through my camera room

You have a "Camera Room"???? Man first you post about the new lens and now we find out you have a "Room". Seriously dude, you gotta stop giving the rest of us an inferiority complex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

My sickness goes beyond a camera room. It's actually 2 rooms, and if you count what I have in storage in my outbuilding. 3 rooms. Of course they are not totally full of camera gear. Actually in the process of moving 2 separate areas in 2 rooms to a single room. I would have more gear but I sold my MF equipment over a year ago. But now I realized that was a mistake. As I found exposed and unexposed film in my clean up. Now I need a MF camera to use up the film I have. :aiwebs_016:

I have somehow acquired a Canon>SNIP>>>

1)Acquiring a Canon= a potentially dangereous symptom
2)Wisely your wife recognized potential harm, and foisted the possible vector onto you!

2)Wisely your wife recognized potential harm, and foisted the possible vector onto you!

Actually. In the past I errrrrr, ummmm, bought a Canon 20D and several lenses and a speedlight. I shot both systems for about 3 years before I woke up.

Actually. In the past I errrrrr, ummmm, bought a Canon 20D and several lenses and a speedlight. I shot both systems for about 3 years before I woke up.

Yeah...me too...bought myself a Canon system (20D, 5D, multiple lenses, 580 EX-II speedlight) and used it concurrently with my Nikon stuff for over half a decade..but I got out of it mostly around 2016 by selling off all the lenses. (24-105-L,50,85,100 macro,135/2,135 2.8 Soft Focus, 70-200 2.8 L IS USM) and keeping only the two bodies and an 18-125 Sigma for the 20-D.

I have somehow acquired a Canon EF-M camera. Yes, a manual focus Canon body. I was going through my camera room, cleaning up a bit. And there was this dusty shoe box. Has a Sigma 28-70af lens and a Canon 80-200 EF lens. And a Speedlite 200m flash.

EOS-M is now mirrorless
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Not an EOS-M. It's a MF film camera from early 90's. EF-M is the model. Guess they didn't make that many with AF already going gangbusters by then.

I guess that means you're now a switch hitter.

Seriously, if you don't want it, consider putting it up for donation, a la Pixmedic. We get a few beginners/students that would appreciate something like this.

Ok, looked up Pixmedic and saw a flikr site. I can send the Canon, but I also have 3 Tokina I believe 28-70 MF lenses for Nikon. These are NOS in original boxes! I think one might be missing caps from the box. But they are basically brand new. I might also have a 70-210 Tokina MF NOS lens. I will have to double check on that one. All together probably not worth $100 on ebay. So might as well donate them to a good cause. Would like to know a little bit first.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back