What to do in a photo editing dilemma.

I agree with Buckster, though: a book, or someplace like Lynda.com that has a more structured "beginner" to "intermediate" to "advanced" curriculum basis is a good plan.

Youtube videos are great for those who know what they need to do--go to youtube, type "Photoshop sharpening" or "creating a layer mask in Photoshop" and there you are.

But the OP seems to be a COMPLETE beginner. He doesn't even know what he doesn't know...so how can you search on youtube for what you need to know when you don't know what you don't know and you don't know how to find out what you need to know so that you'll know what it is that you don't know, and then you can find out what you didn't know. :biglaugh:

OP: Are you also new to photography, or do you have a pretty good sense of what you need to be doing to your photos? It sounds like something like PS Elements or Lightroom might work well for you, along with structured instruction on using them. Either a book, or lynda.com as Buckster recommended, or maybe even a class at a local community college or something. Our local university offers a lot of public outreach classes, including quite a few in Photography. So, for about your $300 you could get either PS Elements or Lightroom and some hands-on instruction. Oh--also, there's an online class site, ed2go--I've taken quite a few classes with them over the years--I find them quite helpful, and they at least get me to where I know enough to "know what else I need to know" And now I'll quit before I get started with THAT again. :D

C'mon folks. Type "photoshop basic" into YouTube. More than enough to get one started.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back