Which photo editing program/service?

Let me add another little twist. My wife only wants to use her her IPad to edit photos so this will obviously limit what she can do.
First, Photos comes with the iPad. I find Photos is mediocre at adjusting white balance, at adding more then a little brightness and really doesn't clone well. That said, Photos is a very good editing program that will also organize your photos, do facial recognition, cloud storage. Have her start with Photos--if it's not on her iPad she can download it for free.

Second, if she wants to do stuff that Photos isn't good with (layers, or serious cloning) then look at Affinity--which was originally designed for the Mac (and later made Windows compatible). If you're shooting with a Nikon, then Nikon NX is free and good.

But again, her iPad is designed to run Photos, it's a Mac/Apple software. And if you're doing stuff like: cropping, adding a little brightness, playing with color, modest sharpening, removing a coke can from the foreground--Photos will do all of that. And it will be free and a fit for the iPad.

Most reactions

Back