wolfepakt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wolfecs.biz
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok heres the story,
My sis in law forwards my wife a message from a group that is my wifes class and HS. In this message this guy says he used to tell my wife (in High School) that a certian piece of clothing was nice. He meant (via inuendo) that a certian feature (or two) of her physique was nice.
I got a bit irate and sent a message to the group asking for an apology as the guy felt it was funny still (10 years later) I wasnt crude or anything, but like 4 people came to his defence. Do you think I was in the right, or should I have let the thing go?
I still get irate thinking about it.
Bear in mind if the guy had said in High School, "nice..... body parts" my wife would have probably injured him. But she didn't catch his "joke" and upon reading the message, she was offended. Had he said what he meant, got injured, and then posted to the group, I said this, she hurt me wasn't I an arse, we would have probably laughed too.
So the question is:
If it were your wife what would you have done?
(Or perhaps what if it were your daughter?)

I would've done the same thing as you, i'm pretty defensive of my girlfriend. >_<

Certainly chivalry is not dead and that is good. What is your wife's take on this deal? Personally; if my wife said "email these folks, because I am offended" I would do it. Other then that I can not say that it would bother me. They are only words. Face to face I would mention something, but I take no offense to emails. I just do not have the time. Plus I bet the guy meant all due respect. He may have just been trying to be funny.

I wouldn't fault you at all for sending your message. I would stick up for my wife also, but I tend to agree with Torus also that sometimes walking away and ignoring is a good solution.

I probably don't fully understand the situation, but my experience with people like this is that they aren't worth the time, I say ignore him.

Wife was somewhat offended. She now refers to the idiot who posted it at Mr. Perv.
Funny though the list i was on there was 2 or 3 people who said get over it, but I got 2 emails off list from people who said WAY TO GO! So I feel vindicated.

This happened 10 years ago? was she was your wife at the time?

Probably in the minority here, but it was probably just a joke and no disrespect was meant (I'm assuming here). When you got mad about it, it probably turned into a bigger deal. Laugh it off...if it happens again in present day, kick him in the groin. :mrgreen:

Original statement was 10 yrs ago, the gloating about it was about a week ago.

Most reactions

Back