Whats the best editing software?

DRodgers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
-I have ps7 meh! I just finished a 60day trial of cs3 found I liked the shadow highlight tool the best I still don't play with layers ..

-Tried Bibble hated it ruins the images with artifacts.

-Playing with Nikon capture nx its ok but lacking in features .

-Also having a go at capture one pro amazing job at processing but not too user friendly.

Am I missing anything and should I keep playing with capture one and learn the features I haven't started batch processing yet but will need this soon and like I said don't use layers ,quality is a priority.

Sorry for the babble but I really could use some advice.

Well what exactly do you want do get out of your software. I think it's pretty clear that Photoshop is the best image editing software...but if processing images in bulk is what you want to do...then Photoshop may not be the right software.

Have you tried Lightroom?

Well what exactly do you want do get out of your software. I think it's pretty clear that Photoshop is the best image editing software...but if processing images in bulk is what you want to do...then Photoshop may not be the right software.

I tryed lightroom didnt have much luck with it..
I looking for the same tools that are available in photoshop but streamlined , with out the layers features and actions etc

I find ps7 just fine, depends how much editing you want to do. Ive never used any other software but find PS7 to produce just as well.

I would rather have the control over how I process my photos individually, because they all vary according to how much light and what kind of light you use. Exposure varies a lot too, and it all affects color and saturation. Therefore, photoshop is the best tool out there because it is so complete, and there are many ways you can achieve a certain result. Once you start using photoshop, you can develop your own workflow, and if you choose to batch process, photoshop makes it easy by allowing you to record actions, so you dont have to go through a certain routine manually over and over again.

Dont get me wrong, Im not trying to sell you on photoshop. But from my own experience, I have used a lot of image editors, some free, and some not free. I keep coming back to photoshop because it saves me time and headaches. I challenged myself and went through the learning curve, and Im glad I did. It gets easier the more you use it. And if you want step by step procedures, there are a ton of them on the internet.

Just my 2 cents.

NJ

You want it stream lined but without actions :scratch:

If you want to stream line photoshop, then using actions is the way to go...using layers or not.

What specific tasks do you want to do?

what I want is a editing software ,color,highlight repair etc mainly I need to work in raw and the huge price tag for cs3 dont cut it .
most of the programs I tried ruin the pics so I need the best money can buy for a smaller simpler program

back to lightroom I loaded it up again and am having the same issues as before the prints come out to dark ,Ive tried 2 different cannons and every possible profile setting and its still dark..
I googled it and there is a lot of the same complaints I really like it just need a fix for the dark prints

Is your monitor calibrated? That's the first step.

Photoshop Elements is a very good deal at about $100 ...does nearly everything the full CS version does.

Is your monitor calibrated? That's the first step.

Its calibrated I researched it and it a problem with a lot of printers so I went shopping today and grabbed a Cannon Pro 9000 and its profiling works better
with Lightroom.

I'm going to play with it for a while I do love its heal feature already.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back