What's the fuss with Leica?

That photo is impressive, i didnt know much about leica, i dont even know how to properly pronounce it :) (is it leek- ah)? I always knew there was somethnig special with them though, after seeing that photo i understand now,

Anyone know if people make custom mounts, for like I don't know, a nikon digital? Off the top of my head of course. . .

there are adapters out there to use Leica lenses on modern SLRs
www.cameraquest.com pops up in my mind

but Leica glass without a Leica body is just half of the deal.
If you want to seriously invest in Leica glass you might as well add
a body. An M3 or M4 is a good deal. A Voigtlander Bessa is a good
alternative for starters...

I can vouch for one huge advantage with a Leica rangefinder -
low light photography. I photograph a lot at night and get much
better results than with my SLR. There is no camera shake with
the Leica due to the cloth shutter and the sturdy build of the body
(that M6 is heavy).

now to the 'pop' of the photos...

2775978-lg.jpg
[/url]

jadin said:
Anyone know if people make custom mounts, for like I don't know, a nikon digital? Off the top of my head of course. . .

hic-up

:sillysmi:

Why would you want to make a mount for the top of your head? :lol:

I don't know if I should go for it, I've got a Zorki 4, looks kinda similar, has a screw mount and I don't use it much, but this one is a leica

Why don't you use the Zorki? Does it function properly? If you don't like using the Zorki, I doubt you'd like using the old Leica. Modern Leicas are different beasts from the very old ones, and you might prefer something like that.
[/quote]

I like my Zorki (actually the lens is a bit dirty) but I've switched to medium format and because of that fact I don't use it much.
btw. I like to use old cams and gotta admit I don't have a clue how to use digis :lol:

santino said:
I like my Zorki (actually the lens is a bit dirty) but I've switched to medium format and because of that fact I don't use it much.
btw. I like to use old cams and gotta admit I don't have a clue how to use digis :lol:

You and I do have similar tastes in photo gear. I'd love to have several Leicas, but there are other cameras I'm more interested in. If you aren't using the Zorki, you probably wouldn't use the Leica that much either. For walking around street photography I like using medium format folders.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back