What's wrong with my camera?

Adam934MX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got my new D80 about a month ago.. I noticed on every single on every single one of my pictures that there's a big dark spot on the top of each image.. Heres some quick examples..

Nikon1.jpg

Nikon2.jpg

Nikon3.jpg

It does it regardless of what lens I have on it, it looks the same which each one.. Any idea what's going on?

When you're lucky, then it is only a piece of dust on your mirror. That can be removed easily, and you don't necessarily have to have special knowledge and equipment for it. A Q-tip should do the trick (and given it's size, you should be able to actually see it sitting there on the mirror).

Having this on the SENSOR is a different matter and you might much rather go and ask someone for help who knows how to clean a sensor.

I found this..

Nikon4.jpg

A peice of foam from my camera case. Thanks so much for the help! I took it out with a Q-tip, and the pictures look great.. :)

Do you keep the body cap on when it's in its case? That thing is huge.

This thread made my day. I see sensor dust problems all the time, but this is just pure gold.

agreed, this is hilarious :)

look on the bright side..... at least you know you have a pretty good macro mode on your camera :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back