When he was eleven

Tammy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
jerm_g.jpg

Great shot tam,

really upclose and personal, love the grass in the bottom frame, you've caught your sons mood here. This is a photo to cherish forever (or as long as your photo print lasts!)

just a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny little nitpick is that the sun has created an overexposed highlight in the top left corner, but that can be easily pshopped out if you choose :)

Anyhow, this photo is a winner!! :thumbsup:

Love it, Tammy! The sprinkling of freckles across the bridge of the nose. An absolutely delightful photo. I think I can even see the reflection of you and the camera in his eye. Great shot!

This is a really nice portrait. Let us in on the details, camera, lens, film, etc....

yes, you are in his eyes- reflected quite clearly- you were sitting down with your legs folded in front of you ("indian style") when you took this, right? your lens is centered almost perfectly in the center of his pupil.
you caught his soul here...

wwjoeld - he's adorable! Love the colors in the photo.

Thornies Whisper, Vonnagy, nannabug, ksmattfish, Osmer_Toby: Funny thing about the grass; when my husband saw this first thing he said was 'he needed to change the blade on the lawnmower' - he cracks me up. I see your point about the PS tweaking.... thanks for the good advice. BTW - any idea how long inkjet prints are supposed to last? Just curious.

You guys have sharp eyes, which only sees appropriate - lol, that's me taking his photo - and I probably am sitting just as Osmer indicated. I used my Digital, Olymbus D-490 Zoom to take this shot - it is only a 2.1 megapixel so I'm rather limited on the size prints I can do - but it's great for just taking pictures, and not caring if they don't turn out. Anyway - I cropped off most of the photo - and broke the image into RGB channels - this is the G channel which highlighted his freckles quite nicely.

Thanks for the feedback - greatly appreciated.

Tammy

That top portrait is just beautiful, beautiful. You'll love it even more in 20 years!

Exquisite photo. Very original idea; I usually am not particularly fond of macroesque shots, but I really like this. Good tones and a great story in the picture.

Mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back