When it's too cold to go out & play

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Xmas break and I'm stuck in the house because it's freezing outside. So I went looking for something to amuse myself. Came up with trying to turn flower photos to B&W -- not too sure about that -- seems kind of wrong.

Joe

ice_iris.jpg

kush_ball.jpg

clematis.jpg

I think you did very well on these! Black and white seems to draw you in, to invite you to explore the details more.

Sorry, while these are nice b&w's, I think taking the color out makes them less interesting.

White flower = b & w. Good photo, doesn't matter. Good photos.

Really loving the first one with the droplets. :)

I like the iris with the water droplets best too. I think these all have enough pattern and texture to work in B&W. Flowers are so much about the color I think it takes some getting used to seeing them with color removed. I've always done a good bit of B&W film and some digital in black and white, but I don't know if I ever did any flowers. That's an idea though...

I think you did very well on these! Black and white seems to draw you in, to invite you to explore the details more.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Joe

Thanks, the second one was in fact a white flower, but the other two were blue. I've done some more and I'm not going to stop just yet, but I do feel kinda odd about it.

Joe

Really loving the first one with the droplets. :)

I like the iris with the water droplets best too. I think these all have enough pattern and texture to work in B&W. Flowers are so much about the color I think it takes some getting used to seeing them with color removed. I've always done a good bit of B&W film and some digital in black and white, but I don't know if I ever did any flowers. That's an idea though...

Thanks, the double iris is one of my favorites. I'm going to do some more but I'm definitely in the process of convincing myself at this stage.

Joe

Thanks, the second one was in fact a white flower, but the other two were blue. I've done some more and I'm not going to stop just yet, but I do feel kinda odd about it.

Joe

Don't, just do what you see. I love them and enjoy your renders all the time.

Guess you could do a selective color w/B&W, make everyone happy LOL

I like flowers in b&w. Makes me look at the shapes differently, and it's easier for me to see the light and shadows working. But, dang, that purple one really jumps off the screen!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back