where do you keep your camera when your not using it?

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i only have one camera bag which is being used used by my pentax k1000 and its 3 lenses, but when you put your camera away do you take the lense back off of hte camera until you need to use it again or do you keep the lense on?

do you take the battery out of the camera as well when your not using it or keep that in too?

any tips on keeping my camera maintained will be appreciated, thank you.

If you're putting your camera into hyperbaric storage for 40+ years, then take the lens off and the battery out. Otherwise, just stick it in a bag until next time.

as i use my camera every day (or close enough) lens and batteries stay on and in the camera unless charging. camera sleeps in its bed (the camera bag) when not in use. :)

I have always keeper mine in my car. Now in my semi but for me, a camera in a closet is useless. Always have it handy.

If I were to leave my gear unused for a very long time (months) I would seriously take out the batteries from the flash to avoid them leaking into the unit. Camera batteries should be prefectly fine though - just remember to check them though before you go out to shoot ;)

As for me my camera remains in the camera bag almost all the time -read to get taken out and go shooting. Even if I don't go out for ages its there, packed and ready. As for lens on or off it depends, often on what I was last using. If it was macro then the lens has to be off to go back in the bag because of the way it is packed - but if its the 70-200mm then chances are it will just be left on.

I keep everything in my bag, until next usage... but I use it every week, at least...
I keep my lens on as well as batteries... always have...
No issues..

I have a special humidifier for my camera.

People laugh at me for carrying my man-bag around. I tell them "What's the point in having a camera if you don't carry it with you."

With very few exceptions it goes everywhere with me.

I just got a backpack with compartments for camera gear and a big pocket to hold my laptop. it also has some extra room for whatever else I want (snacks, clothes, toothbrush etc). it's awesome.

I have a thing about taking the lens off. It's not for protection, just a habit I've started.

one of mines on the floor at the moment. The others in my underwear draw

I just put the lens cap on and throw it in the bag with the rest of my gear. i try not to take the lens off too much for fear of dirt/dust or any other crap getting in there.

It's either with me, on my kitchen counter (my boxers do something picture worthy quite often :lol:) or up in my ghetto studio (spare room). If its in the studio, I have some free-floating shelves that it sits on with my lenses and flashes.

Battery is always in it unless charging and my 50mm or 35mm are usually on it since that is what I use for most of my portrait clients. I don't baby it too much anymore. That's why I bought that titanium beast was so it wasn't so fragile. I've even shot two weddings in the rain now :)

On the other hand, I NEVER have a lens without a lens cap on both ends if I am not shooting at that exact moment. I get a little paranoid about those.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back