Where's the challenge? Where's the creativity?

Capture Images That Capture U?

• Security

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lust

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a natural fact that curiosity holds dominion over the human mind. So why is it that most photographers (pros and hobbyist) find their selves capturing images of pets, nature, and sunsets???

When in today's society there are more important issues that needs to be addressed!

I'm not sure that curiosity does hold dominion over the human mind. My life, and as far as I know, the lives of other people are a sequence of experiences like a long string with thousands of little water droplets suspended on it.

My feelings and the experiences of my life, are what life is all about for me. Sure, American soldiers banging hammers at and taking incoming fire from jihadists is interesting to read about in the paper, and I'm sure that wino in the sally ann down the street has a tought time in life and it's all so socially relevant....

But none of that CNN or politically correct activism is as real to me as when the snow which sparkles in the early morning streetlights, crunches under the tires of my wheelchair as I wheel myself to the bus stop at 7 AM. I can't even explain how that feels, but I've got a nice photograph of it here.
sparklingsnow.jpg

It's not as real as when my dad's hyper active rottweiller finally starts to respond to the clicker training. I feel a bit of triumph in my own accomplishment, and pride in Pumpkins learning and hope that she'll finally be allowed in the house with the other dogs, and a little sad that she's been kept out in the garage for most of her life. That last part really breaks my heart.

pu.jpg

Do you remember Melissa's B-day party? She's a real sweetheart. She has cerebral palsy and seems genuinely grateful when people want to spend time with her. She probably is, people seldom really want to have a disabled person for a friend, only as a casual acquaintance.
BirthdayParty.jpg

My point is, that rather than trying to photograph something deep and meaningful to "the world", or "our society", I'm just satisfied when I succeed in feeling my own small feelings, living my own little moments, and occasionally capturing them on film for my own enjoyment and the momentary edification of the people around me.

1. I shoot w/ Hasselblad 500C
2. In the past 1/2 hour that I've been checking out this entire forum it is the only topic that hasn't been addressed.
3. Also images of pets, nature, and sunsets aren't that interesting nor thought provoking.

So I hope that bit of information was informative.

No, it wasnt informative. Now go and troll somewhere else. You probably wont even be back to see this reply, so whats the difference anyway.

Which reminds me...why am I even in the "Medium Format and and Large Format" section of this forum?? Man, I must be hard up for entertainment...:lmao:

Which reminds me...why am I even in the "Medium Format and and Large Format" section of this forum?? Man, I must be hard up for entertainment...:lmao:

Hey, we're not lepers for christ sake!
__

Bobby - you were much kinder than I would have been, and I liked what you had to say there, so I won't be mean today;), thanks:).

Hey, we're not lepers for christ sake!
__

Bobby - you were much kinder than I would have been, and I liked what you had to say there, so I won't be mean today;), thanks:).

I was kidding of course. ;) I wouldnt know the first thing about medium or large format cameras. You are a rare breed, and thats a good thing. :)

And I liked Bobby's reply and photos very much as well!

It's a natural fact that curiosity holds dominion over the human mind. So why is it that most photographers (pros and hobbyist) find their selves capturing images of pets, nature, and sunsets???

When in today's society there are more important issues that needs to be addressed!

Duh! Put as simple as possible: Social Commentary and Photography are two different fields of study/expression.

Go become a social worker or sociologist, if that is where your interest lies. You are on the WRONG site and in the WRONG forum. :thumbdown:

skieur

This is quite blatantly a troll question.. its not even worth answering, so bye bye thread. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back