Which 50mm 1.8 is the sharpest?

rateeg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Canon, Nikkor or Sigma?

Are you sure Sigma has a 50mm f/1.8 in their current lens lineup?

I think the Sigma you're thinking of is F1.4.

oh sorry, ya 1.4

For me its the NIkkor.

The Canon lens doesn't fit on my D7000 for some reason.

I got one on mine (an L series no less) it required tin foil and a lot of super-glue. The pictures sucked though, not sure what the fuss is all about with those L's :no smile:

My vote is for Zeiss 1.4

For me its the NIkkor.

The Canon lens doesn't fit on my D7000 for some reason.

Did you try it with the hammer?

Nope. BRB.

[Whack Whack Whack]

Ok Back now.

Pictures are ****, won't AF, won't meter, had to remove with a screwdriver, damaged my Nikon D7000 body.

Verdict? The Canon 50 1.8 sucks.

Fact of the matter....... The nifty 50s are GREAT lenses for what they are.

Cheap lenses.

Period.

If you want a HIGH quality fast 50mm prime, drop the 1.5k on the Canon 50 1.2, or whatever Nikon's equilivent is (not sure they have a 50mm 1.2 but they do have a 50mm 1.4 that isn't bad for about $400).

I have the NIkkor 50mm 1.8 and use it frequently. The pictures as as sharp as I need them to be.

badteeth.gif

oh! I meant hammer your D7000 and then go get a Canon. :D

Dammit, be more specific next time.

oops ... Sorry, I will be more specific next time. :D

As for the lens sharpest goes, I do agree with you that the $100 range 50mm prime is great lens for what it intent for. When look at the examples that took with those lenses, most of them are great (assume the photographers know what they are doing)

Canon, Nikkor or Sigma?
It depends on how skillful and knowledgeable the photographer is, and what camera body the lens is attached to.

At any rate, comparing the MTF (Modular Transfer Function) performance of lenses many review web sites provide is a much more precise way to compare optical sharpness potential, than asking for opinions.

Most reactions

Back