WHICH Back up DSLR

FlyingScot said:
If you could buy a Nikon D2X OR a Nikon D40 body for < £150 which would you purchase and why?

D2x. It's IQ and noise performance may not be much better than the d40, but it's a professional camera body. The d40 is what I learned on, and it's just too slow.

If needing a backup implies a lot of shooting professionally. So yep may be a beast but the D2x is what it's designed for. But a bit more cash and would do the D200. As I added as backup to my D90 for $375.

My preference is having a backup identical to my primary camera. There are many advantages to this but the main ones are that in a professional shoot, the smooth transition between cameras is seamless. Shooting time is money so smooth is fast. Just my point of view.

My preference is having a backup identical to my primary camera. There are many advantages to this but the main ones are that in a professional shoot, the smooth transition between cameras is seamless. Shooting time is money so smooth is fast. Just my point of view.

I agree with you on this, but sometimes the budget does not support the best choice. In which case I would at least recommend a body with similar control layout. D200 - D300 - D700 - D2 - D3 all have very similar control layouts.

Which is what I did using the D300 to back up my first D3, until I got another D3.

This is a no brainer to me...........the D2X. While the D40 is a great little camera, the D2X is a much more professional camera to use. I have a D40 and a D200, the latter being the one I depend on for the money shots. :) I would LOVE to own a D2X.........or maybe even a D3X ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back