Which camera to choose???

Yamyam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok guys, I need your help.

I'm looking for a camera but I really don't know which one to choose.

My conditions:

May be digital or analog (but digital: more than 6 MP), maximum budget = 900 euro, lots of adjustment possibilities, interchangeable lenses (basis lense included in the budget), and very important: the camera must be able to take good shots of moving objects/sports like photograhpy!

Anyone an idea or tip, please post a message.

Hi there. Firstly, are you sure it needs to be more than 6 megapixels? There's a lot more to image quality than the number of pixels, and an enlargement from a 6mp SLR will look noticeably better than one from my 8mp point & shoot.

For digital, Nikon D50 or Canon 350D get recommended every time someone asks this question so I see no reason to disagree with the consensus on this. Since the other manufacturers seem to be disappearing you may as well buy a Canon or Nikon and be safe in the knowledge that the company will still exist and be making cameras in a year. Having said that, Olympus and Pentax also make very good DSLRs. To be honest though, any SLR will be able to take good shots of moving objects and sports, since they can all use fast shutter speeds and shouldn't suffer from shutter lag. The lens is likely to be the problem there - the standard kit zoom lenses with most DSLRs don't tend to be particularly fast. The best thing to do is check out the reviews for cameras in that price range, get down to a camera shop and try them out.

Of course, if you choose to go for a 35mm SLR the choice becomes endless. Pretty much any film SLR produced in the last 30-odd years will have a fast enough shutter speed for sports photography or fast-moving objects. Buy an old manual SLR used and it's likely to come with a fast prime lens anyway so you'll have no problem freezing the action. You get a lot more camera for your 900 euros with film.

I would recomend the D50 or the 350D without question, But beware once you start buying stuff for it you can't stop, well i couldn't, and i only wanted to spend £500......Lets just say its more than that now.......alot more. But i wouldn't trade my D50 back for the cash, so a fair deal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back