Which Camera???

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by claaaydon, Aug 24, 2006.

1. claaaydon

claaaydon TPF Noob!

Hi,
    I have been doing photography for a while and have been using a really good digital camera and a konica 38-150 film camera. But i have decided to move on from that and move onto to using a proper camera because im wanting to do more advanced stuff, if yu get what i mean. I was just wondering what camera to get?
    thnks:wink:
    Alex

2. JDS

JDS TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    What kind of digital camera do you have that you're moving up from? And do you have a price range in mind? Are you wanting to buy digital or film?

3. claaaydon

claaaydon TPF Noob!

i have a sony DSC-P200 so a basic normal digital one. What one type do people use the most out of digital or film? Im looking for something under £200 so $377. thanks

4. JDS

JDS TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You might look at a Fujifilm S5100 or S5200, I think those are both a little below your price range, and will give you the manual controls for aperture and shutter speed.

People also like the Panasonic DMC-FZ7, which you should be able to find for a little below your price as well.

Both of these cameras offer less than 7 MP, which is what your current camera is I believe..but they give you the manual controls.

Moving closer to your price range, there's a Canon Powershot S3, but that may be a little over your range.. This one will also give you the manual controls...

You can obviously save money by getting a film camera, but you'll end up spending more on film and development by trying out different things with different exposure settings, where on a digital you can see the result immediately and will know whether you need to re-shoot or keep the one you have...

Hope these suggestions help...

5. claaaydon

claaaydon TPF Noob!

Thanks so much! It has giving me help on the type of camera im looking for.

6. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
  7. claaaydon

claaaydon TPF Noob!

Thanks i like doing close up stuff aswell if tht helps???:S