Which one B+W or Color?

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is another shot of Crazy Horse Memorial monument in South Dakota that I took on recent vacation. Shot in RAW and I now have two versions converted and in printable 8x10" form. However I can't decide which one I like better, or at all. Personally I like them both but thought I'd bring them to you to help me out.

What do you think?

ch3BW.jpg

Or . . .

ch3C.jpg

Kind of a bummer to shrink/compress these though they look SO much better in RAW or TIFF format, the .jpg conversion just makes them look really dull!

Print 'em both.... awesome shot!!!!

I like the color shot. That would make an awesome print. I woudn't mind having that on my wall. I would think about cloning out the scaffolding on the top right side of the monument though. It's deffinitely a wall hanger!

I like the color shot more too. The black and white takes away from the depth of the shot IMO. I also agree with the taking away of the scaffolding because it does take away from the natural look of the picture. Either way, it's a great shot.

The color pic would be stunning if you could get the sunlight on the face of crazyhorse like it is on the cliff.

I'm surprising myself here and going with the color.

I like them both. The B&W conveys a dark, older mood than the color. The color one has those brilliant oranges. I'd be hard pressed to choose and I think it would depend on the area they were to be displayed in to swing my discision one way or the other.

I have to say I prefer the B&W. (and not just to be different!) I find the section in the lower right in the sunshine draws your attention too much in the color version. That being said, either would make a great print.

Bot are nice shots. Personally I prefer the colored one

My flavor is usually BW, but I like the color shot better. Someone commented that it seemed to have more depth, and I agree.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back