Which One?

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
I took this of a house on the Kansas prairie this weekend. I like the shot but it needed something. I thought the blur gave it a old time look. What do you think. Other than some slight cropping the original just has about 15% desaturation and some increased contrast. any other suggestions are of course welcomed.

Original
DSC01941.jpg

Gaussian Blur
DSC01941blur.jpg

I love these type pics! #1 gets my vote. :thumbsup: Alhough a useful tool, I don't think the blur works here.

I like #1. I agree with jadin it would look good in black & white or sepia.
Not to keen on the blur in #2

#1, to me the 2nd one just looks unfocused.... and when i look at #2 then back at #1, i just really like how sharp and clear #1 is

If you're in the mood to photoshop try applying the guasian blur to the background only. Keep the forground sharp to add some depth of field to the picture.

Also sepia is a good idea and while going for the old look mayb even add a slight grain.

Harry99 said:
I like #1. I agree with jadin it would look good in black & white or sepia.
Not to keen on the blur in #2
Ditto

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'll try them. I did try B&W and it just didn't turn out very well. even with a lot of manipulation and extra contrast it was just too bland in B&W.

For me, the original version is far better :) I don't know why - it's JUST bettter :)

You might want to add a sepia tone and increase the contrast, blur does not work for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back