Which PHOTO EDITING Software

franco stacy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a hobby. New to digital. Have a D90 for a year that I barely have used. Been slow going from film to digital.

What software do you suggest to edit photos? I have a PC, so something for Windows
Please explain because I don't know much. I see CS4 and CS5 mentioned and I don't have a clue what that is.

Please list the name. If you know the cost or where I can get it that would help too.

If you know of some to avoid that would be helpful too.

I'd recommend you start with GIMP. Why? It's free. You can 'get your feet wet' at no cost. If it does what you want, then it has cost you nothing. If you find it lacking, then you can step up to one of the commercially-available (re: costs money) jobs.

Try GIMP. It is free! When people say CS5 or CS(whatever) They are refering to an edition of adobe design software. Photographers will use Adobe Photoshop out of the CS(whatever) bundle. Photographers can also use Adobe Lightroom (version 3 is the latest) or Adobe Photoshop Elements (9 is the current edition). Elements is a watered down version of Photoshop. You can download trial versions of any of these from Adobe. The trials are 30 days and the trial program is fully functional. You can try all of them then decide what you would like to purchase.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back