Which Printer? Final Decision (i have listed a few)

Vote on these

• [url]http://www.epson.co.uk/Store/Printers-and-All-in-Ones/Epson-Stylus-Office-BX300F[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [url]http://www.epson.co.uk/Store/Printers-and-All-in-Ones/Epson-Stylus-S20[/url]

• [url]http://www.epson.co.uk/Store/Printers-and-All-in-Ones/Epson-Stylus-SX200[/url]

• [url]http://www.epson.co.uk/Printers-and-All-In-Ones/Inkjet/Epson-PictureMate-260[/url]

• Total voters

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am hopeless with printers and stuff..
What im looking for:

Good quality prints
Last a Good long time (the photos... and the printer)
Cheap ink (checked that, each of the following are a maximum of £35 for ink)
I'm not too bothered about speed but quick prints would be appreciated
I would like if it could print from my SD card but the majority of my images i will probably edit first just for Image Sharpening etc..
I would also like to use it for printing Text documents (im sure most printers will do this though)

without further ado

My personal favourite(s):

Epson Stylus Office BX300F - Printers and All-in-Ones. Technical Specifications and Overview

Epson Stylus SX600FW - Printers and All-in-Ones. Technical Specifications and Overview
(they have lots of buttons :D i like buttons :).)

Epson Stylus S20 - Printers and All-in-Ones. Technical Specifications and Overview

Epson Stylus SX200 - Printers and All-in-Ones. Technical Specifications and Overview

Epson PictureMate 260 - Inkjet. Technical Specifications and Overview (cant find buy button...)

Last edited:
I've got a mid range Canon Photo Printer and I use it once in a while...but for any serious photo printing, I really suggest using a professional lab. It really isn't all that much more expensive when you factor in the ongoing costs of ink & good quality paper that add up when you print at home.

You're doing good by going with Epson, but for the love of all things holy do NOT get an all-in-one. WAY more hassle than they're worth. Personally, I STRONGLY recommend this: Epson Stylus Photo R285 - null. Technical Specifications and Overview

Any of the stand-alone Epsons that use Claria ink are well worth the money. Outstanding print quality.. especially if you use high quality paper (like Ilford). I'll put it this way, I've brought prints I've made with my R280 on Ilford paper to the prolab I frequent, and they told me the prints looked better than what they did lol

edit: The Epson site shows it out of stock, but I'm sure you can find one easily. Amazon.co.uk has them "new & used" for around £70. Or you may be able to find one at an electronics or photo store. I got mine from a photo lab (Wolf Camera) because places like Best Buy cater towards the all-in-ones (and ****ty brands like Brother).

Last edited:
Ah! god!
If only you guys replied earlier =[
I ended up Forking out £105 for Epson Stylus SX600FW - Printers and All-in-Ones. Technical Specifications and Overview

Thing is... Ill most likely NEVER use the Fax or the scanner tbh...
But the ink is fairly cheap at only £30 for the multipack (but... then how long will it last hummm....)
I guess If i use it and decide I dont like it, I can always put it up on ebay for £100 (usual RRP £150.)
if only i bought the one you suggested :( I'd have had £45 left lol

Then again... the extra £30 is worth it i think for the ability to print from my SD cards and from wireless, (dont really need anymore bloody cables plugged into this laptop!! i wish they had Wireless chargers!
Uh.. and the Ink is cheaper!!
Ink for the one you gave is £50... but i have learned... You get what you pay for when it comes to Photography

Meh
thanks through.... i need to have patience!

Ah! god!
If only you guys replied earlier =[
I ended up Forking out £105 for Epson Stylus SX600FW - Printers and All-in-Ones. Technical Specifications and Overview

Thing is... Ill most likely NEVER use the Fax or the scanner tbh...
But the ink is fairly cheap at only £30 for the multipack (but... then how long will it last hummm....)
I guess If i use it and decide I dont like it, I can always put it up on ebay for £100 (usual RRP £150.)
if only i bought the one you suggested :( I'd have had £45 left lol

Then again... the extra £30 is worth it i think for the ability to print from my SD cards and from wireless, (dont really need anymore bloody cables plugged into this laptop!! i wish they had Wireless chargers!
Uh.. and the Ink is cheaper!!
Ink for the one you gave is £50... but i have learned... You get what you pay for when it comes to Photography

Meh
thanks through.... i need to have patience!

The ink is more because the R285 uses Claria ink which is considered "high definition" ink. I was trying to find the next up from the 285 for you. Back when I got mine, the model right above the R200 was $50 more and it had SD card ports with a screen. I went with the 200 because I shoot film and had no need for a card reader. I couldn't find anything that was equal to the 285 but with card reader that didn't cost£600
As for the all-in-ones, the reason I don't like them is 1) I have NO need for a fax. 2) The scanners aren't great quality, plus I have a scanner that does negatives and 3) If one part breaks/stops working, it'll **** with the whole unit.
[/B]

Yeah, tis amazon, it has yet to be dispatched, should be here for 1pm tomorrow though :p (Amazon Prime)
I think i'll use it for now, should be okay for college, plus if i get a bursary from college, ill buy a Printer off that and sell that one on and ill use the money to put towards a 580EX II Flash (which ill also get off my bursary probably)

Arrived today at 10:29

If that isn't delivery i dunno what is :p
(came from Crymlyn Burrows Swansea up to Glasgow, Scotland.)
Thats about a... 6 hour drive in a car so probably.. a 10 - 12 hour drive in a HGV and I ordered yesterday at 4 PM and it didn't get confirmed (by amazon) until about 4:30
plus everything else they have to do...
Yup.. amazon is great :)
anyways... done a test print, seems pretty decent, quite proud of the results

But just for the case that i ever need to... how do i collab the colours that the printer prints?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back