White Sands

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
White Sands, New Mexico, U.S.A.

Not normally the type of image I take. More attempt at eye-candy than substance. Though I think it is nice, I rejected this one in the past posting only one image from this trip to the desert ("Picnic In The Desert" for those who may remember) but everyone who sees this seems to like it and some have asked for copies. So I am posting it for your critique to see if there is anything I overlooked in any of the technical or aesthetic aspects before I make prints.

Leica IIIc, Velvia.

Tuna

WhiteSands240.jpg

I love the colors, they are really striking. the only thing that bothers me is that the clouds kind of blend into the sand on the left side, i guess i'd like it more if the clouds were only in the sky blue part...? i hope that makes sense. still a good picture

i wish i could afford to get velvia developed....

stunning image, nice and simplistic. i also wish there were a little less clouds, but you probably couldnt help it. if you could have shot from farther away to emphasize more sky and sand (provides a nice contrast IMO) then i think it would have been a more powerful composition. great job though tuna. love this one.

I agree with the sand and cloud issue they do run togother and the sky is really blue. I like the blue though. I think it wasn't such a dark hue that it wouldnt draw you in as well.

I also keep staring at the dark shadows in the bush and wish the weren't so dark on the right. With the dark blue and the shadows of the bush that side feels like its heavy but it isn't to much with all the whites and lighter colors on the left making the majority of the photo up.

I'm just being nit picky the photo looks really good and love the colors against the sand.

I like this one more than the picnic one from a couple of months back.

I love "Picnic In The Desert". I agree with you on the eye candy theory of this shot. None the less I love how the clouds are shaped around the bush. Plus; what is the shrubbery doing in the middle of the dessert and how does it get water?
The prints will look spectacular. What size will they be? What process will you use? My only suggestion would be that all four corners seem too dark.

Most reactions

Back