Who are your favorite photographers?

My wife is my favorite photographer.

Not because she's the best ever photographer, but rather because she's the only one who sleeps with me :)

Colin Prior. A Scottish landscape photographer and probably the biggest influence on me, as not only does he produce some really good stuff but he also shoots in the same landscape I do (often further afield as well). I was also privaleged to go on a workshop with him and he really knows his stuff as well as just being a bang on down to earth guy. Plus he lives just down the road from me too. Colin Prior | Portfolio, Shop and Workshops

Colin Prior. A Scottish landscape photographer and probably the biggest influence on me, as not only does he produce some really good stuff but he also shoots in the same landscape I do (often further afield as well). I was also privaleged to go on a workshop with him and he really knows his stuff as well as just being a bang on down to earth guy. Plus he lives just down the road from me too. Colin Prior | Portfolio, Shop and Workshops

This is one of the best Scottish photographer
'Father of modern Scots photography' Joseph McKenzie dies - BBC News

Joseph McKenzie - Home

Cheers Gary, I'd never heard of him before. Really like thd image of the red road flats. They were knocked down this year.

I should probably introduce myself, since it is my first post. I live in Australia by the Lake Macquarie in the state of new south wales.
I like and admire some of the work from:
  1. Ken Duncan
  2. Christian Fletcher
  3. Mark Gray
  4. Adam Williams
I still carry an old D70s which is approximately 12 years old. It's the right fit for me until it dies.

Jean-Marc Biram

Galen Rowell.
I have had a life long interest in photography but for some reason rarely think to see who took a photo.

That said, many years ago I found Outdoor Photographer at the grocery store while I was waiting for my mother to finish the shopping (grocery shopping is boring). I was struck by many of the images in that magazine, and still am to this day. Many times when I actually bothered to see who the photographer was, it was Rowell. All these years later it is still his photography that I try to replicate, with a horrible lack of success.

Still Henri Cartier-Bresson. Yes I know, thats not original at all.

Maybe because I like paintings and HCB had a very classic composition style.

Difficult for me to say. Apart from my dad, Ted Grant. I have respect for a lot of the photographers that I have been working with over the past four decades. Many of them are good friends, and some produce amazing images in so many different fields of photography. True photojournalists. I base a lot on who I would sit down and have beers with, because they can turn off being photographers for an evening. When you live photography, you don't always want to talk about it.

After thinking about this a great deal I have decided that I am my favorite photographer.
After discovering his (my) work, it inspired me to keep on shooting.
I spend a great deal of time studying my favorite photographer's work.
I realize that, while he isn't well known now, his work has an enormous influnce on my life - and that of my family.
After my favorite photographer's death, I assume someone will find his (my) work and he (I) will become famous.

After thinking about this a great deal I have decided that I am my favorite photographer.
After discovering his (my) work, it inspired me to keep on shooting.
I spend a great deal of time studying my favorite photographer's work.
I realize that, while he isn't well known now, his work has an enormous influnce on my life - and that of my family.
After my favorite photographer's death, I assume someone will find his (my) work and he (I) will become famous.

I totally agree.
He is an inspiration for me also, although I may be prejudiced because I am sleeping with him routinely.
In fact, I will be with him tonight.

I am also new to photography and I haven't found my style yet. However, I have been looking through online magazines to get some ideas. I really like the idea of capturing different traditions and cultures. I find Asher Svidensky did this well in a portfolio showed in Volume 10 of an online photography magazine I joined. I really love his style. These pictures are amazing.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back